2

My blog has moved!

3

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://citrusandcandy.com
and update your bookmarks.

4

You Are Reading

Catalan Tomato Bread




This bread is served everywhere in Catalonia. I guess you can say it's like a Spanish 'bruschetta'. It's great as a snack or can be served with soups or seafood dishes or as tapas. No formalities or particular measurements here - it all depends on your individual tastes.


Catalan Tomato Bread

Sour dough bread (or similar)
whole cloves of garlic peeled and halved
extra virgin olive oil
very ripe vine tomatoes

Slice the bread 1cm thick and toast, grill or chargrill until golden. Rub one side of each bread slice with the garlic halves then drizzle with the olive oil. I love garlic (bad breath and all!) so I tend to rub it down to a squishy nub on the bread slices but a word of warning - *raw garlic can get very spicy!*.

Slice the tomatoes in half and then squeeze the pulp over the bread slices while discarding the skins. Sprinkle a bit of sea salt and season with freshly ground black pepper. This should be served immediately as the tomato pulp makes the bread soggy after a while.

I used it recently to serve with Monkfish and Mussels with Sherry and Butter Beans as pictured below.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.