2

My blog has moved!

3

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://citrusandcandy.com
and update your bookmarks.

4

You Are Reading

Strawberry and Marscapone Tarts





Trepidation. That was what I felt when Mr S. announced he was going to make me dessert to accompany my Sunday football. Memories of dropping pans and flour encrusted kitchen benchtops from his last outing came flooding back and all I could do was smile weakly.

But surprisingly these turned out so good. And it was so simple and perfect for my afternoon sugar hit.

"And look! No mess!", Mr S. proudly exclaimed.

So may I say to Mr S. - thank you and sorry for underestimating your alpha male kitchen skills. You're welcome to make me dessert anytime!


Strawberry and Marscapone Filo Tarts (makes 4)



Ingredients

4 sheets (or 2 large cut in half) thawed filo pastry
25g butter melted
punnet of strawberries - hulled and cut lengthways in half
250gm marscapone cheese
2 TBL caster sugar
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
strawberry conserve
icing sugar


Method

Take a sheet of filo and brush with melted butter and fold in half. Brush again with butter and fold again. Continue for two more folds or until you have a small, multi-layered square. Do the same with the other 3 filo sheets.

Push each square into a greased large muffin pan or flan tins to form a 'case'.

Place a smal square of baking paper in the cases and add a weight such as dried beans or rice to prevent the bottoms from rising. Alternatively you can check on the cases after 5 minutes of baking and use a teaspoon to push down the bottoms before continuing.

Place in a preheated 190°C oven and bake for about 8 minutes or until golden. Let it cool in the tin for 5 minutes before removing the cases onto a wired rack and letting it cool.

Meanwhile beat the marscapone cheese, caster sugar, honey and vanilla extract until smooth.

After the cases have cooled, spoon some strawberry conserve on the bottom of each filo case and fill with marscapone. Top with strawberries and dust with icing sugar.

Aah...I love the simple things....







Comments for this entry

Anonymous

Gorgeous! They remind me of the lovely tarts at the QVB Tea room :) I love the lush greenery in the background of the pic too!

Dav DiDi

Wow.. makes my saliva drop...

Anonymous

Yummy ...... my stomach is calling now..

Anonymous

Now all that's missing is a cup of English Breakfast and a matching girly tea set!

Karen | Citrus and Candy

Hi Lorraine, oh I could do with some high tea treats now! Oh and the lush greenery comes courtesy of my mom's backyard :)

Hi Dav Didi and 8vertise - thanks for your comments and dropping in :)

Hi Shaz - unfortunately no tea set of my own and I don't think my mom will be happy if I ransacked her Royal Doulton collection! (Although it's always been a fantasy of mine as a child!).

Evelyn

They look divine....was wondering if the pastry will be too soggy if I had to make them in advance for a Mother's group?

Evelyn

They look fantastic! Are they best eaten immediately or would they be fine for a couple of hours? I am thinking of making them for a Mother's Group get-together.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.