2

My blog has moved!

3

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://citrusandcandy.com
and update your bookmarks.

4

You Are Reading

Potato and Chorizo Tortilla




I shamefully confess.....sometimes dinner (especially cooking it) can be *!gasp!* a chore (cue shocked faces). It only happens after I had one of *those* days when the sloth in me rears its lazy head. And no...I'm still not ready to go down the fast food path yet!

Wednesday...oh so tired. It's not grocery day yet so supplies are running low...I pull out a bag of potatoes (that was on its last legs) and some uneaten chorizo. Thank goodness I had a carton of eggs! This trio was made in Spanish heaven...and judging by the amount of potato and egg recipes, it looks like the Spanish agree.

I apologise for the lacklustre photography and non-existent food presentation :)

Remember...I'm lazy tonight...and very hungry.


Potato and Chorizo Tortilla


Ingredients

750g potatoes - peeled and sliced 1/2 cm thick
2-3 chorizos - sliced 1/2 cm thick
1 red onion chopped
2 cloves garlic crushed or chopped
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
6 eggs
1/4 C chopped flat-leaf parsley
olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper


Method

Place potato slices in a pot of boiling, salted water and boil for 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain potatoes really well and set aside.

Preheat grill to high.

In a deep ovenproof pan, heat olive oil and fry onions, garlic, chorizo and paprika over a medium-high heat until onions are soft and slightly coloured.

With a slotted spoon, scrape it into a bowl, leaving the oil behind and place pan back over the heat.

Add potato slices and fry for about 5 minutes, gently turning until the potatoes are nicely 'roasted'.

Add potatoes to the fried chorizos, garlic and onions and let it cool for 5 minutes.

Meanwhile whisk the eggs and parsley together and season with salt and pepper.

Pour egg over the potato mix and gently turn to combine.

Reheat the pan and add a little more oil if needed (I like to just use a light spray of canola) and tip in the potato and egg mix.

Make sure the potato is evenly spread in the pan and turn the heat to low* and cook until nearly set.

*If the heat is too high, the bottom will burn before it's properly set and cooked through*

Place pan in the grill and cook until the top is set and golden.


To Serve:

Cut tortilla into wedges and serve with a green salad (mine was provided by my mom...thanks mom!).

Crusty bread is a good accompaniment as well (Mr S. helped out and made my perennial favourite - Catalan Tomato Bread from my leftover Sour Dough).

I also love serving it with a really good tomato chutney or tomato relish. Or if I was feeling trashy, plain old tomato or BBQ sauce will do.

Serves about 4 (or 2 extreme gluttons). Oh and it tastes really good as leftovers - especially when you're eating it right out from the fridge....no plate required :)




Comments for this entry

Anonymous

That's totally understandable. Sometimes I cannot be bothered cooking at all and all I can manage to make is a salad or a soup!

Anonymous

Hi karen nice presentation i'm hungry now hehehehhee take care

Karen | Citrus and Candy

Hi Lorraine! I've been feeling very lazy lately and nothing's changed so far! I can't even muster up a soup! Not good leading up to the busy Xmas period!

Hi Johnlazy, I'm hungry too :) Thanks for popping in again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.